April 2018 Onstage Atlanta USA


Hi! Thanks for stopping by and seeing all of the amazing creations from April 2018 Onstage Display Boards! Chances are you just saw Fiona Stanton's creations. Boy weren't they great!? I was so fortunate to be given this experience, but let me just say this was no easy task. This was the most challenging task I think I've ever been given. I wasn't allowed to ask anyone for help or advice, I had to keep everything they sent me a secret until the day of Onstage, and I had to create everything from scratch with no templates or inspiration from Pinterest! But I did it! And I'm so proud with how everything turned out, and I hope to have this chance again! 

Anyway... On to what you're here for! 

So this was my completed board up for everyone at Onstage-Atlanta to see! I got to showcase a variety of things, which I'm going to break down for you below.





This was my favorite set I was sent. It's called Painted Glass and you'll get the chance to purchase this stamp AND a matching framelit (yay!!) in June! I colored them with my Stampin' Blends (best things ever!) and I even paired the Bronze and Calypso Coral card with the new Delicate Lace Edgelits. They're definitely something I'll be using frequently. They come in a set of 3 and each one is different.


I was also sent the new In Color 6x6 DSP. When I saw them in my box I was excited because I'm a total DSP Addict, but then I got to looking at them paired with the other items I was sent and I got totally bummed out because my mind went blank! Completely blank! So I turned to my son for inspiration. I had recently snapped some photos of him (that you can see on the scrapbook page) and said "Hey! He's wearing a dinosaur shirt! Let me just grab my No Bones About It stamp!" And that's exactly what I did. Our new In Colors are super fun and bright, so creating things with my son in mind was super easy and fun. 




The last two sets I had were the Sitting Pretty and Enjoy Life stamp sets. These two threw me for a loop. It's definitely not my style at all, but wood is! I paired it with my Wood Textures DSP (which is carrying over YAY!) and my Pinewood Planks Embossing Folder and this is what came out. I used the two-step stamping Bulldog and the intricate bench from Sitting Pretty and I used the sentiment and the butterfly from Enjoy Life. Thankfully, there are framelits for Sitting Pretty and I feel that by having the full set I'll be able to enjoy this set so much more.

Behind the scenes:
I literally took everything I could with me to Onstage. All my ink pads, multiple papers, my new supplies, everything! I knew that once I got there I would have ideas and regret not having my stuff to do more. So I took it. And I did more! I ended up making 40 swaps once I got there plus a couple of the display board items. 

Overall Onstage was an amazing experience that I can't wait to have again in November in Orlando!

Thank you for taking the time to see everything I made for my display board! Head on over and see what Sandra Collett made by clicking NEXT below!

Comments

  1. Fabulous samples Kayla - you don't need Pinterest!!! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wowie they are all wonderful! well done Kayla x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the little doggie, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your projects Kayla. And totally thrilled that you loved Painted Glass (I got to present the Graceful Glass Suite in London, ON, Canada). Thanks so much for sharing all your lovely creations. Enjoy the rest of your day and God Bless, Cynthia <><

    ReplyDelete
  5. An absolutely gorgeous collection of projects, Kayla. Your samples are stunning. I agree, you definitely don't need Pinterest - you nailed it! Thanks so much for sharing x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts